Karthus Build Guide
Rapesauce Karthuswritten by Quillz
Table of Contents
|Masteries + Runes||5|
|Working in the team||8|
Death Defied On Death, Karthus enters a spirit form where he can cast spells while dead.
- Don't forget you have this, it's really really really useful if you somehow die, which you shouldn't.
- DO NOT I repeat DO NOT rage ult, unless you know for a fact it will get you a kill or an assist.
Lay Waste Karthus unleashes a delayed blast at a location, dealing damage to nearby enemies.
- In this build, this is where most of your damage comes from, so get good at it.
- Remember to keep your pointer just a tad in front of them if they are running, and push it out farther depending on how fast they are.
- In the laning phase don't spam this too much, use it for last hits that you can't get with your melee, and use it for harassing, just enough to keep them off you and let you farm.
- While harassing, try to position it so it only hits the champion you want to harass; it deals double damage if it hits a single target.
- Before team fights start, use this to lower the carries as much as you can.
Wall of Pain Karthus creates a passable screen of leeching energy. Any enemy units that walk through the screen have their move speed, armor, and magic resistance reduced for a period.
- This is great for catching up to people who are running away.
- It is crucial that you place this right where the opposing team is running before the team fight starts.
Defile Karthus passively steals energy from his victims, gaining mana on each kill. Alternatively, Karthus can surround himself in the souls of his prey, dealing damage to nearby enemies, but quickly draining his own mana.
- Late game this is great for farming minions and pushing lanes.
- I don't recommend keeping this on too much during team fights use Lay Waste to push out the dps, It just burns your mana and lay waste can be much more effective.
- One level of this in the laning phase is essential to keeping your mana up.
Requiem After channeling for 3 seconds, Karthus deals damage all enemy champions.
- This skill can win games, with good team communication it can get you and your team VERY fed fast.
- During laning you want to be constantly looking for opportunities to get an assist or kill from other lanes.
- In team fights you just have to know what would best fit the situation you are in, using it at the beginning of the fight, or at the end to snag the ones who get away.
For this karthus build you are going for fast magic pen. and ap to feed you and your team.
At the start grab a Amplifying Tome and one Health Potion and take mid. There is no reason you shouldn't have middle, ALWAYS go for middle. Wait at the turret for your minions then start farming. Stay in the lane till level 6, then go back and buy a Mejai's Soulstealer if you can't afford one your doing something wrong. Once you get it head back to mid. Now that your 6 and have a Mejai's it's time to look for people to ult, So ask your team to tell you when to use it. Also at 6 you can probably kill anyone your laning against, so harass them abit, wait for them to get past the half way point of mid and lay a wall of pain right on top of them, and begin laying waste, try to make it so you only hit the enemy champion, for double damage. if they get away under 200 hp feel free to ult but, they shouldn't get away. After that just keep farming up try to stay in lane till level 11. The next item you should buy is a Blasting Wand and a Amplifying Tome and if u can afford it turn them into a Void Staff. Once your level 11 you can start ganking other lanes. But don't stay away from middle for too long or you'll lose out on precious xp. Continue to farm in middle until your forced to team fight and push other lanes. When you have enough gold get some Sorcerer's Shoes. Continue to team fight and push lanes and get a Needlessly Large Rod and turn it into [item=Zhonya's Ring] when you can. Next get a Tear of the Goddess and use lay waste to farm up your mana when you have enough gold make it into a Archangel's Staff, then get another Tear of the Goddess, farm it up, and turn it into a Archangel's Staff. At this point you should have an insane amount of ap, if you don't have over 10 mejai's stacks sell it and buy another Archangel's Staff. Now you should be a rapesauce karthus.
Masteries + Runes
Greater Quintessence of Insight x3
Greater Mark of Insight x9
Greater Seal of Replenishment x9
Greater Glyph of Insight x9
For summoner spells get Exhaust and Ghost or Ignite and Ghost.
Try to get the golem buff as often as you can.
Working in the team
You need your team and your team needs you, working together is key. Make sure you have good communication with your team for the early game-changing kills.
Farm Farm Farm!! You have to constantly be in a lane as Karthus, xp is crucial, faster you level up Requiem faster you and your team gets fed.
Submitted by Quillz
Newest Guides for Karthus
Top Guides for Karthus
New Skins for Karthus
Top Skins for Karthus