Nidalee Build Guide
Nidalee : my way =)written by 4ndr3R
Table of Contents
|Masteries + Runes||9|
|Excuse my bad english please||11|
Prowl Moving through brush increases Nidalee's movement speed by 15% for 2 seconds. Javelin Toss / Takedown In human form, Nidalee throws a spiked javelin at her target that gains damage as it flies. As a cougar, she grabs her opponent by the throat and attempts to bring them down, dealing more damage depending on how wounded the target is. Bushwhack / Pounce In human form, Nidalee lays a damaging trap for unwary opponents that, when sprung, reveals the target and reduces their armor and magic resistance for 12 seconds. As a cougar, she pounces forward, dealing a small amount of damage when she lands. Primal Surge / Swipe In human form, Nidalee channels the spirit of the cougar to heal her allies and infuse them with attack speed for a short duration. As a cougar, she rapidly claws enemies in front of her.
This guide will show Nidalee under a new light. I'll show you a dps build I'd never seen before from other Players. You maybe will not be that killing mashine as Nidalee usual is..... No I'm just kidding. Nidalee ALWAYS is a killing mashine. :P
I'm writing this guide just because I'd never seen that build before and in my opinion everyone should be able to read about this build. Since I play that build I always got posive scores with nidalee. No matter if Victory or Defeat.
UPDATE: A view updates ago, Nidalee isn't worth to get played on AD anymoar :( Sry for that guys.
Allright there are two items that are very important for our build: Sword of the Divine and Guinsoo's Rageblade
So what we start with are the following items:
2. and a Mana Potion
Keep on laning until you can afford some boots. I usual prefere to upgrade the Dagger to Berserker's Greaves. But feel free to use Mercury's Treads if there are many stunners in the enemy team. So
3. buy some boots but avoid the Boots of Mobility. Since Nidalee can use punce to leap over small distances, she is as fast with Boots of Mobility as with other boots. It's kind of ridiculous that you can find the Boots of Mobility in the recommended item bar, because they are a complete waste of gold in my opinion. And never forget the high grass and Nidalee's passive ability.
If you did a good job on lasthitting you can buy Recurve Bow while organizing your boots and upgrade it to
4. Sword of the Divine.
Go back to the lane again support some mates, lasthit and harras and if you did well you can go back and buy the first damage output:
and upgrade it to
6. Guinsoo's Rageblade
So thats it! With the attack-speed buff, some runes, primal surge and the full stacked Guinsoo's Rageblade you almost got max. attack-speed. What we are doing now? Just take it freestyle. Thats the way I play that style of Nidalee. I can give you some advices.
1. If you are having problems with taking out the enemys tanks:
Buy The Black Cleaver + [item=Madred's Bloodrazor] + Last Whisper
With the active ability of Sword of the Divine, the stacks of The Black Cleaver, the 4% extra MD of [item_text=Madred's Bloodrazor] and the AmorPenetraton of Last Whisper the enemys tanks are dead faster as they can say "Need backup!"
2. If you are having trouble with mages:
[item=Force of Nature] because of highest MR and some extra Movement-Speed
Banshee's Veil because of blocking spells
if you still got problems with mages sell your boots and buy Mercury's Treads and Wit's End
3. If your game isn't really challenging:
The Black Cleaver
Just take it like in 1.
Just take it freestyle
4. A lot of nospell-DPS in the enemy team:
Sell your boots and buy Ninja Tabi (if you didn't allready bought) and Phantom Dancer because of dodge.
These are my experiences i collected in a lot of games so far. In my opinion the best build for Nidalee. I love those fast attack animations :P
Of course this are very expensive builds but if you tread Nidalee right she won't die to often and you can get this gold.
Since this guide is focusing on attack-speed we need to focus our skillpoints onto Primal Surge first.
Try to get a sololane. (No matter if midsolo or another sololane with your lane-mate jungling) Of course it's effective to get a double lane and beeing supportive with your heal but(!) it's way more harder to get your mana management under control. If you are deciding to take a double lane, keep an eye on your mana and don't waste it.
Try to get as many lasthits as possible (if you're not laning together with champions like Nasus or Veigar). Never focus minions at full HP. Just try to get the lasthit. In the remaining time try to focus your enemy champions without loosing to much HP on yourself. Don't waste your Mana but with 2 or 3 Bushwhack / Pounce you can get way more better lane control while the enemy is hiding in the grass.
Midgame starts after reaching Lvl 6. Now it's time to gank a bit. Help your team destroing some towers.
Here I put together my experiences I collected in some games:
Use your summoner abilitys well thought out. Set Exhaust on to the DPS-Champion if you're ganking a double lane with an DPS-Champ on it. He will not be able to deal any physical damage to you while hunting the other champion. So the DPS-Champ isn't able to set you under pressure and maybe with a little practice you'll be able to kill those DPS-champ after you eliminated his lane-mate.
If you get hunted by some single champion and you got low HP, make sure he can't stun or ensnare you, look out for a bush, use Heal, Primal Surge / Swipe for some attack-speed, activate Sword of the Divine, change to cougar-form and rape him :). If that enemy is a DPS-dealing one, Exhaust him.
So if one on the enemy is on low HP but out of your range (because he Flashed out or something), try to follow him with Bushwhack / Pounce and get him into your range. Then you can Exhaust him if need/usefull and finish him off with autoattack and Javelin Toss / Takedown.
And make sure that u are always using Sword of the Divine if usefull. That little AmorPenetration is amazing effective.
Since I ever was thinking that Nidalee is not very effective in big team gankings, I prefere to push! If you're seeing the enemy team grouping for a gank there are two thinks to do:
1. Inform your team about what the enemy plans :)
2. Get your ass on the other side of the map and rape their towers.
Nidalee is an amazing pusher. Just need a few seconds on higher levels and with some good items to push lanes to dead. And if your team works well and you use your Bushwhack / Pounce to scout the area around you, you shouldn't get backdoored on yourself. You also can tank towers with lower HP on yourself, so you don't have to wait on your minions. But just don't try it on full HP towers, it's possible (lvl 18 recommended) but still quite dangerous. Nidalee is not that champion who can tank towers and challenge two Champions but she's acceptable as backdoor hero. (Backdooring is only possible if you decided to get some Damage-Output items. I never really tried to play Nidalee as tank but I'm almost sure she won't be able to backdoor towers when you bought [item=Force of Nature] or Banshee's Veil after your Guinsoo's Rageblade)
When you get forced to stop having fun with destroing towers, make sure that you don't waste your Sword of the Divine-ability in gankings. Save it until the fight has begun to get your fulltime used AmorPenetration. Try to focus off low HP units and finish off the enemys which already took some damage.
Masteries + Runes
Greater Mark of Alacrity
Greater Seal of Evasion
Greater Glyph of Alacrity or Greater Glyph of Focus
Greater Quintessence of Evasion or Greater Quintessence of Focus
1. There are so many spots where Nidalee can jump over with Pounce. This video will show all spots that I dedected. There are a view spots where I had to pounce 2 times to jump over that walls. Thats because my computer is not one of the best (as you can see on my graphic settings) and I had some laggs with Fraps running. I feel like I have to appologize for that.
If you know spots (exept little corners from 1 or 2 trees) that I didn't show in my video please contact me.
2. Combine the spots you can see in the video with your passive ability. Jump over walls and run through high grass to escape from worried enemys.
3. If you are followed by some enemys and they are trying to cut your way while you're in high grass, just change your direction while they don't see you and try to escape in an other direction.
4. Use your cougarform to stack up your Guinsoo's Rageblade. Just always use Pounce to stack it up so you don't have to wait for it. It doesn't take long to stack it up into a fight but the advantage between "already got 8 stacks" and "wait for 8 stacks" is obvious.
5. Use Bushwhack / Pounce to get lane control in human form and use it in cougar form to move faster and escape.
6. Dicide yourself when it is usefull to fight in human or cougar form. Distance brings savety and meelee brings more Damage.
I usualy stay back first than I jump in the fights and try to finish the enemys off or bring dem to low HP. Then I jump out and heal me or my mates and attack from dictance again. Repeating it again and again and again and again and......... again :)
7. Something new I detected: pushing together with Ezrael makes you incredible destructive. Ask for his attack-speed buff.
8. Really the upmost important Trick ingame not only for Nidalee: HAVE FUN!
Excuse my bad english please
Since english isn't my mother-language, I'm very sorry if I wrote something not understandable. Please don't flame me for that. That won't help anyone. Try to contact me and please tell me what mistakes I did.
Submitted by 4ndr3R
Newest Guides for Nidalee
Top Guides for Nidalee
New Skins for Nidalee
Top Skins for Nidalee