Heimerdinger Build Guide
Heimer, "Why don't u take a real champ!?"written by Jerres
Table of Contents
|Masteries + Runes||5|
|Working in the team||9|
|Pros / Cons||10|
Techmaturgical Repair Bots Heimerdinger gives nearby allied turrets and champions 10/15/20/25 health regen per 5. H-28G Evolution Turret Heimerdinger lays down a machine gun turret. Turrets gain abilities as this skill is increased. (Turrets deal half damage to towers). Hextech Micro-Rockets Heimerdinger fires long range rockets that hit the enemies closest to Heimerdinger. [spell=CH-1 Concussion Grenade] Heimerdinger lobs a grenade at a location, dealing damage to enemy units as well as stunning anyone directly hit and blinding surrounding units. UPGRADE!!! Passive / Active: Passively increases Cooldown Reduction. Activate to heal all active Evolution Turrets and cause them to fire movement slowing frost shots for a short time.
As The Remake of the Zhonya's Ring arrived and now Heimerdinger got some nice buffs, I'd got Interested in playing him again, as you might too, and if you dont know how to get started with him, then you are right here and can get some nice ideas here.
Always try to Convince your Team to get the Mid lane, the top lane is also good (Solo-top), but not as good as the mid lane. The last option is to do the dual lane or to jungle, but i wont mention doing this because there are way better Champions to do so.
* H28G Evolution Turret
o Improved Turret AI so they will prioritize attacking Champions that attack Heimerdinger
o Turrets now work on an ammo system (25 second ammo cooldown)
o 1 second placement cooldown
o Levelup progression changed:
+ Rank 2 - places green turrets
+ Rank 3 - places 2 turrets
+ Rank 4 - +150 Health
+ Rank 5 - places red turrets
o Turrets now gain 15 health per Heimerdinger level down from 21
o Turret magic resistance increased to 80 from 60
"Overall a nice Buff to the weaker older version"
o Now increases number of Hextech Micro Rockets to 5 while active
o Now increases missile speed on Ch-1 Concussion Grenade to 1000 from 750 while active
"That's all we want :)"
At the Beginning I want to Mention that Our Focus in Skilling is leveling the Turrets and the Ulti Ofc
I Prefer to skill the grenade rather than the rockets , just because of the stun and blind duration and you cant controle the rockets you will sometimes face Situations were you cant kill the enemy with your rockets because of Creeps or other Champions if you Master the Grenade you will like always hit what you want, and the Grenade got a little more Ap ratio than the rockets and more high lvl dmg.
Masteries + Runes
Greater Quintessence of Fortitude 3 * 32,4 life = 97 hp bonus
Greater Mark of Insight 9 * 0,95 Magic Penetration = 8,5 Magic Penetration
Greater Seal of Clarity 9 * 0,1 Mana reg/5 sec per lvl = +16 mana reg/5 at lvl 18
Greater Glyph of Celerity 9 * -0,65 cooldowns = -5,85 cooldowns
This will provide you with everything u need
This will be awesome for Heimer, your defense and pushing abilitys are just great and you can farm and teleport anywhere if action starts
Still the most annoying skill in-game so we take this one
also Good spell but not as good as Flash
a nice option for teleport, but you should rather take the mana buff than taking clarity or finishing your tear of the Goddess earlier
nice spell, and another option for teleport
you will start with a Doran's Ring, this will give you nice ap, health and a little mana regen bonus. Now you should start Farming
Multiple Situations may appear now, i will give detailed item builds for
1. You Farm like hell and dont suffer any Damage and may just get a kill because of greedy enemys
2. Enemy team got a nice jungle ganker and just waiting for you to push and you cant get ur farm up
1: At your First Recall you should got enough Money to get a Needlessly Large Rod and Boots of Speed, if you got over money get some Sight Ward, but if you stay cautios and save up mana you wont need them.
Now you Should keep farming or ganking bot or top lane, which gives u easy money too, at your next recall you should have enough money to buy Sorcerer's Shoes and Tear of the Goddess.
now if still everything is running smooth we focus on finishing our Rabadon's Deathcap.
Our next stop is at Archangel's Staff now u have around AP 350 , "wtf!?" yeah! :D. Zhonyas remake is just awesome for Caster
Next Step is your Choice... I'd like to get Banshee's Veil now, but if you dont die at all you can also take Abyssal Scepter OR Zhonya's Hourglass, we will finish all of these items, now you are a really tough low cd high dmg caster with awefull blind for melee champions.
This will be overall
If the Game is not running like expected here is the second option:
2: If you think you will be the focus in this game you should take this route of item build. At your first recall you should buy Boots of Speed, Tear of the Goddess and at least 2x Sight Ward to survive until the next recall, the Tear of the Goddess will give you the necessary Mana to blind the enemy and ulti slow the ganker which may appear mid.
Next Recall will be Giant's Belt and if you got the money Sorcerer's Shoes or Mercury's Treads
now we focusing again getting our Rabadon's Deathcap, this will be a long farmy route but if you get some assist in team fights u will get it in 10 mins
The game can still be very tough if Enemy team got a strong lineup. So we getting a nice Banshee's Veil now, you will notice the enemy team wont get you as easy anymore and will take other focus now
The Last step to Victory will be building [item=Rylai's Scepter] this will give you fed HP and AP, and right after that Archangel's Staff
Last Item is Free choice, I like to build Zhonya's Hourglass as the last item, but if the enemy team don't got Physical damage you can also build Abyssal Scepter.
and this will be [item_icon=Rylai's Scepter] overall
- As long as you dont got the Mana your Task Mid is to push the enemys to the tower so he cant get every creep lasthit.
- Try to get a dual Hit with your Evolution Turrets, this needs some practice but you will almost get Every creep every Wave.
- If you see your enemy is trying to auto attack your Turret give him a nice Face Grenade and auto hits, he will think about doing that again
- If you dont got a jungler or 1 which dont need the mana buff DO IT as soon as possible, you can manage to kill him fast at lvl 5 without loosing hp, now you can spam grenades & rockets, the enemy must take a break and recalls
-> now is your time if you feel save and got both Towers rdy, put them with the next creep wave onto the enemy turret, even after the Nerf they doing nice dmg to the Turret.
- With Heimerdinger Uniqueness comes his advantages, at lvl 7 you can do solo dragon, you will need about 3/4 of ur Mana and both turrets rdy, this will be easier with Mana buff or help, so you don't need to recall after it.
Working in the team
In The Team Heimer take's the role of Harrassing, pushing & defending.
As a Clash is approaching take a look at your Mana and Turret charges, if you dont got any you should inform ur teammates early enough. If you got Mana and both Charges everything will be allright.
In Teamfights:-> - place both Turrets
- activate your Ulti
- spam Rockets
- Hit a strong ad dps champ with ur [spell_icon=ch-1 Concussion Grenade]grenade to blind him, e.g. Tryndamer, Master Yi , you can also hit a ranged dps with it, but mostly they wont be as dangerous as the melee ones.
Pushing and Defending runs equal:
1. put turrets
2. kill the ranged creeps with [spell_icon=ch-1 Concussion Grenade]grenade and last hit the melee ones with rockets
Pros / Cons
- Heimer is still the best Champion to push a lane
- Awesome Farm
- good dmg
- low CD
- can do dragon and buffs early without losing life
- Aoe Blind
- Hard to gank
- Not as Strong as Anivia, but no one is strong as Anivia^^
- harder to play than the most other ap champions
- hard to get kills in early game, if they aren't to greedy
- if your turrets attack an enemy champion while you are in Tower range, you wont get focused by it.
- Turrets get aggression by Jungle creeps
- if you got a jungler who starts at the blue buff you can place a turret to help him, if you place it near the creeps it will always be attacked first and dies before the creeps are dead
- Turrets may sometimes changing their focus randomly, this happens because of their new AI and will mess up some last hits
- you need to get attacked 1 time by the enemy so your turrets focusing them and this will last as long they are in range
- care for jungle creeps sucking up all your rockets in team fights
If Someone is Telling you Heimer is a bad pick, he's wrong, he is very Special and if he is Played well, he will be a Pain in the ass, also hes quite funny to play.
If you play him in ranked games, flame will rain upon you, if your tough and convince them that u get mid you can get high elo with him.
Mostly he gets underrated and enemys getting greedy killing you, that will be the point they will notice that your towers doing awefull dmg, the grenade blind is strong and your lasthit them with a nice rocket.
Overall Heimer is worth a pick and needs some practice.
I Whish u luck and some quadra kills.
Submitted by Jerres
Newest Guides for Heimerdinger
Top Guides for Heimerdinger
New Skins for Heimerdinger
Top Skins for Heimerdinger