Jax Build Guide
Jungle JAXwritten by ginkosc
Table of Contents
|Skill Point Allocation||3|
|Your Spells and You||6|
|Opponents and Allies||7|
[spell=Equipment Mastery] Bulks you up just by buying AD/AP items. Leap Strike 1st and most important skill. Empower 2nd and deadly skill for killing squishies. Counter Strike 3rd and good when facing other autoattackers. Relentless Assault 0st, your signature move. This is what makes Jax OP. Remember to use it's active.
for smite and late game ownage
for exp and jungle buff
Skill Point Allocation
1 Counter Strike
3 Counter Strike
4,5 Leap Strike
6 Relentless Assault
Take Relentless Assault whenever possible
MAX Leap Strike
PUT 2 POINTS, THEN MAX LAST Counter Strike
Leap Strike > Empower > Counter Strike
get just 1 lvl of Counter Strike early game unless you are facing against a team with a lot of physicals.
Start by buying:
5x Health Potion
After returning from your first jungle expedition, you should have about 470gold. Buy
- Vital for a good jungle
Wait a bit at fountain then buy
1x Health Potion
Get items in the following order
- Efficient chasing/ catching heros
- Lifesteal lets you farm for longer periods of time
- Helps you build your ulti stacks quickly
- Gives good health
- Good damage and AP
- Allows you to knock down towers like a bulldozer
- spell vamp works well because three of jax's skills does a high amount of magic dmg
This is my core build but feel free to mix it up.
Other good OFFENSIVES
- good health boost
- crit/armor allows you to pwn other carries
Trinity Force or Lich Bane
- sheen procs work great with jax's low CD skills
- MS is good for placing stuns and chasing/escaping
Other good DEFENSIVES
- good health boost
- protection from spells
[item=force of nature]
- makes spells virtually useless against you
- MS is good.
- Insane health regen allows you to stay in the field for as long as you please
[item=Rylai's Scepter] instead of Frozen Mallet
- 660 health - 760 health
- 80 AP - 20 AD
- 145g cheaper
- Slows come from your spells which means it's applied from Leap Strike. This is important when chasing because waiting for the first auto attack may be too late. Also the 80AP is just better compared to 20AD. Debate.
- Ask yourself thess 2 qns if buying GA.
Is the rest of your team going to be dead when you revive? Yes? Then don't buy it.
Are the opponents mainly casters that have to blow all their spells to bring you down? Yes? Maybe buy it.
IMO GA seems weak for it's price.
Put 1 point into Counter Strike, this ability is crucial, without it you can't solo BLUE at LVL 1
BLUE GOLEM eat Health Potion(use Smite)
WOLVES eat Health Potion
WRAITHS eat Health Potion
SMALL GOLEM eat Health Potion only if you are really dying. Save it otherwise. (use Smite)
Buy Vampiric Scepter then head down to
RED LIZARD eat Health Potion. Smite will be coming just off cooldown for the last hit.
your blue buff should expire by after you kill RED LIZARD
Help out a lane or continue to jungle until lvl 6, and continue to hog the blue buff.
Remember to help gank.
Jax has a weak laning phase. If he gets bullied then, or dies a few times, his late game is hampered.
Bypass that and the stress of fighting opponents that can think and kill creeps that are just mindless bots.
Summoner level 21 is recommended/necessary for jungle jax. You need the full defense talent tree and at a good set of runes to pull this off. Jax is not as good as people like Warwick or Shaco at jungling but he is decent.
Your Spells and You
6 Relentless Assault
- Pure damage. If you two are just gonna stand there and slug it out, use leap strike for some burst.
- Plan escapes by timing your creep wave
- Escape by using your allies/wards
- Jumping past tanks to get to the soft squishies.
- Not a initiating skill. Allow your tank to go in first.
- Use it to keep Guinsoo's Rageblade stacks
- Last hitting
- Spam this key constantly in a fight
- Resets auto-attack timer, allows you to hit twice consecutively
- Don't spam it just because it popped out
- Get the right position, jax is naturally fast so don't worry about not being able to catch up.
- use right after a leap strike
- count your strokes
- minimize the hits required to kill something
Opponents and Allies
People who can stun/disable. Hitting unconscious hero is just great for jax.
Submitted by ginkosc
Newest Guides for Jax
Top Guides for Jax
New Skins for Jax
Top Skins for Jax