Nidalee Build Guide
Nidalee goes Om Nom Nomwritten by Desolationx
Table of Contents
|Masteries + Runes||4|
|Working in the team||8|
Prowl This skill helps alot with ganking and trying to avoid yoru enemy's Javelin Toss / Takedown Javelin Toss: A so called "skill shot" meaning it fires in a straight line, so you generally have to aim this ability slightly in front of there your target is moving in order to hit them. It can hit creeps so try to find a open area between them if they are behind a creep wave. You can also shoot this through walls if you are on the other side to put some early pressure on them.
Takedown: Your most powerful killing blow skill. Takedown gains damage as they are lower health. To gain full effect of this skill they need to be below 20% health. When at 100% health it gains a flat amount of damage, depending on the level of Aspect of the cougar.
Bushwhack / Pounce Bushwhack: A trap that you can lay in the ground that does not have much of a activating range, But when triggered, Is able to see the enemy that triggered it no matter where they are for 12 seconds. Very helpful for preventing your death from group ganks that you were not expecting. It also reduces there armor and magic resist by 40% at max level, making it so you and your team does a considerable amount more damage to the enemy champions or creeps.
Pounce: One of the best escapes/pursuer skill's in the game. Pounce is on a very short cooldown, But does not bring you far, It does AoE damage as you land and will be able to have you keep up with some of the fastest hero's or if they ghostwalk you can stay close enough for when it falls off. You can pounce/takedown them for the kill. You can also go through some small walls with this ability like most of the walls around the Lizard/golem Buff in Summoners Rift.
Primal Surge / Swipe Primal Surge: The one reason why Nidelee does not have to back nearly as often as any other champion, And has the advantage in a 1v1 Fight. After using this skill you are able to attack at a much greater speed then before, Along with a helpful health boost.
Swipe: Aoe at its finest. Swipe does damage in a large frontal cone of Nidalee when she is in cougar form. Very helpful when you are trying to kill a push seeing as how earlier in the game, you pounce in for the AoE damage and Swipe to finish off there health.
Aspect Of The Cougar This ability increases movement/dodge rate with a low cooldown to switch back to human form if needed.
Nidalee is a amazing champion, she has a great escape and pursuing ability with pounce, the ability to heal any champion and grant them attack speed. And the ability to execute a enemy that is at low health with Takedown. She is a very aggressive champion that can take most any champion down early to mid game with very little items. Her bushwhack ability helps her considerably when facing a tank or someone with a considerable amount of armor or magic resist.
*NEW* Live stream is up a few days a week if you would like to watch,
Your summoner ability's should be
Flash can help you get out of a sticky situation, along with taking down someone at tower and getting away with it. Or just chasing a champion that flashed away, or used a ability to move faster.
Masteries + Runes
There are 2 mastery tree's that you can build. They each have there own advantage and disadvantage compared to one another.
Offensive Mastery Treehttp://leaguecraft.com/masteries/3101040032330100000000000000031004010000000
Has a higher damage output. With more raw damage and more crit damage.
Utility Mastery Treehttp://leaguecraft.com/masteries/3100040000000000000000000000031004132031301
With this tree you get more benefit from the neutral creep buffs more mana regen, Lower cooldown's on your flash and exhaust, faster cooldown reduction. And a faster movement speed.
For your runes, i like to get damage, health, and magic resit. I found that it is the best choice since you dont get much for defensive items on Nidalee.
I have found that the skilling order is generally the same for any lane, solo or together with a teammate.
1: Primal Surge / Swipe
2: Bushwhack / Pounce
3: Primal Surge / Swipe
4: Javelin Toss / Takedown
5: Primal Surge / Swipe
6: Aspect Of The Cougar
7: Primal Surge / Swipe
8: Bushwhack / Pounce
9: Primal Surge / Swipe
10: Bushwhack / Pounce
11: Aspect Of The Cougar
12: Bushwhack / Pounce
13: Bushwhack / Pounce
14: Javelin Toss / Takedown
15: Javelin Toss / Takedown
16: Aspect Of The Cougar
17: Javelin Toss / Takedown
18: Javelin Toss / Takedown
The path i chose is a Physical DPS build. I found this more effective then AP build for Nidalee because of her short cooldowns in cougar form that allows trinity force to proc extremely often.
This is what items you should expect to get every time that you head back to base, or at least as much of it as you can possibly get.
1. Sapphire Crystal and one Mana Potion
2. Sheen and Boots of Speed
3. Mercury's Treads and a Phage
4. Zeal Trinity Force and Vampiric Scepter
5. B. F. Sword
6. The Bloodthirster and a Long Sword
7. B. F. Sword
8. The Black Cleaver
9. Zeal Dagger
10. Cloak of Agility and if you have enough Phantom Dancer
11. [item=Rylai's Scepter] Sunfire Cape Banshee's Veil
I go with this item build because i find that it is the most cost effective way to put out a good amount of damage with getting the survivability that you need.
1. Sapphire crystal because you get a good amount of mana so that you can cast your Primal Surge more often in order to keep you or your ally alive, along with help push a wave with the bonus attack speed. and the mana potion in order to keep your mana up.
2. Sheen to proc all of your ability's when you hit level 6 to gain a good boost in damage here and there, and if you can time it out, a good burst with your Takedown ability.
3. I chose Merc treads because it will always help you to get magic resistance, along with 40% reduction on any negative effect on your champion (except summoner spells) And a Phage in order for you to get the chance to slow your target that you are attacking. And the health boost will always help when going in for a gank.
4. Finish out your trinity force to max out the most possible damage you can achieve in cougar form. Every time you use a spell watch for your auto attack so it can almost always do 1.5x extra normal damage.
5. B.F. Sword to help you with your damage, and proc with Trinity Force
6. Bloodthirster to get some health back without having to switch out of cougar form and heal yourself. Granted Primal Surge gives you bonus attack speed, you also lose a good amount of proc's while you wait to switch back into cougar form.
7. Another B.F. sword to help you boost up your burst damage.
8. A Black Cleaver to help you with the damage output you can put out. This stacked with your Bushwhack will give -70 armor and 40% reduction on your target.
9. More movement speed and attack speed to help chase and kill your target faster.
10. Phantom dancer will help you prevent some physical damage with the 20% dodge chance to help you mitigate some damage. And the crit/attack speed will mean you wont have to worry about watching your trinity force proc to come off.
11. This last item is very debatable depending on your situation. You get a Rylai's Scepter if you are getting some kills, and not dieing unless by a 5 person nuke, And at this point. No single item will prevent you from dieing. If you are dieing more then you would like to. I would get whatever you are dieing from the most. If they are a caster take the Banshee's Veil, If melee take the Sunfire Cape. If you are taking a considerable amount from both, Take the Sunfire cape. It will help with your damage from the 40 damage a second aoe that it gives, to help you take them out faster.
When you are jungling, Always do it in Aspect of the Cougar. You will do a lot more damage efficiently then in human form. You have to forms of AoE, And your Javelin toss will not do much damage after the battle has started seeing as how it gains damage from distance, You cannot gain much distance after combat has started.
What i would do for jungling later on if you cannot handle the lane very well. Would be start with a Bushwhack under the mob, Javelin Toss, Switch into Cougar form, And pounce on the creep. After that spam Q, W, E whenever they are up, With your lifesteal you should be able to handle them fine. If anything pop out and Primal Surge yourself and finish them off.
Working in the team
Nidalee Is a great champion to have in group fights, Start off with a bushwhack in where you think the majority of the fighting will be going on, If you would like, wait till after it starts and try to catch the heaviest hitter with it. Throw a Javelin in and switch to cougar form. Always try to face as many champions as you can, seeing as how swipe is in a frontal cone, And so you don't pounce in the opposite direction. If you see someone that is lower health on your team, pop out and cast Primal Surge on them. So they can continue to fight. When you are in human form throw a javelin into the group and put another Bushwhack down if the cooldown is up. try and focus on anyone that is at or around half health if you can easily get to them quickly. So you can kill them quickly with a Pounce, Swipe and takedown combo.
Submitted by Desolationx
Newest Guides for Nidalee
Top Guides for Nidalee
New Skins for Nidalee
Top Skins for Nidalee