Haruhi Suzumiya / with custom 3D model (UPDATED! 1
YOUTUBE TRAILER: Haruhi Suzumiya Skin Champion Spotlight! (it has 3D animation in it so go check it out ;)
UPDATE: The skin is now fixed to work perfectly with SIU. .skl file was added to it. Big thanks to 'RakkaKaze' for pointing it out.
Download links and instrucions for program SIU can be found here http://forum.leaguecraft.com/index.php?/topic/31502-release-skin-installer-for-new-launcher-v30
Install instructions (incredibly simple actually!):
1. Download the zip file and extract it somewhere.
2. Download latest SIU (It's program for installing LoL skins) if you don't have it: http://www.mediafire.com/?z70c3cc98h7c173 , then run 'Skin Installer Ultimate.exe' and update it if program asks you to update (program will give you the download link for latest update patch by itself when there is newer version avaliable. 3.28 is the latest version at this time)
3. Go to the skin installer tab inside SIU, type in the name of the skin and author, write whatever you want really, this is just so you could more easily remember which skin that is.
4. Drag and drop the folder you extracted onto opened SIU window.
5. 4 files will be recognized, and added to the skin database.
6. Press the 'skin database' tab, you will see the skin there now.
7. Press the checkbox next to it and then press install.
8. If prompted with 'Install preferences' just make sure you check everything just to be sure.
9. It should say that 4 files have been installed, you can now close the program if you want.
10. Go play LoL and enjoy the new Skin!
If at step 9 you get offered multiple filepaths to choose between, here is a list of the correct filepaths:
Skin is perfectly optimized with both polycount, which is around 10%-50% smaller than Riot average, and with textures with are efficiently mapped to 512x512 texture space (same as Riot models and textures). Took me around 2 weeks to figure everything out and make it work perfectly :)
Credits go to platypusGreen for making the orignal model (http://tinyurl.com/6zz94fk), to me (Eagleshadow) for doing pretty much everything else: I tweaked it, added details, optimized it or LoL engine, uv-mapped it, textured it, skinned and imported it into LoL. And also made a youtube spotlight video.
Many thanks to ThiSpawn for making RiotFileTranslator v1.3.1 which made this possible for me. http://tinyurl.com/3sb458v
Software used: RiotFileTranslator, Maya, Blender, Headus UVlayout, 3D Coat and Photoshop for the skin itself + Fraps, Sony Vegas and Virtualdub for spotlight video