New patch won't update
Hi Almighty Skillet!
Thank you for bringing this issue to the Help and Support Forum! I'm sorry you are experiencing this issue so close to completing the patch download! Let's attempt to get this resolved for you so you can get back into the client!
Given the description of the error message you received, it seems as though you may have some problems with the configuration of your system permissions. League of Legends requires administrative privileges to install and run correctly (including patch updates). There are several steps that you can take in order to help resolve this issue:
1) Make sure you have all available windows updates installed from this website:
2) Make sure you are an administrator (as simple as it sounds, it is extremely important):
3) Disable UAC(Windows Vista or Windows 7)
- Be sure to use the "Never notify me when:" setting
4) Run the game as an administrator:
- Right-Click on the short-cut
- Select the properties tab
- Check the box labeled "Run as administrator"
Yet, if after completing these steps and you are still unable to get past the Patcher Screen, then please do not hesitate to let us know by creating a new Support Ticket so we may work with you one-on-one until arriving at a full resolution!*
* Keep in mind that this advice was given based upon the information provided. If you would appreciate a further one-on-one interaction to solve this issue, make sure to send us a Support Ticket! You can send one from here: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/tickets/new Also, if you could please provide a link to this forum thread in the new ticket, it would be incredibly helpful!