Kog'Maw Build Guide
Kog'Maw, the Mouth of the Abyss
When the prophet Malzahar was reborn in Icathia, he was led there by an ominous voice which thereafter anchored itself to his psyche. From within, this voice bestowed upon him terrible purpose, and though Malzahar was no longer tormented by its call, the voice did not cease its unrelenting summons. This baleful beacon's gentle flicker -- now fastened to Runeterra -- drew forth a putrid beast that ambled across a threshold it did not understand, widening a fissure between the spaces which were never meant to meet. There amongst the haunting ruins of Icathia, Kog'Maw manifested in Valoran with unsettling curiosity. The spark which led him to Runeterra teased him still, urging him gently towards Malzahar. It also encouraged him to familiarize himself with his new environment, to the stark horror of everything he encountered on his journey.
The enchanting colors and aromas of Runeterra intoxicated Kog'Maw, and he explored the fruits of the strange world the only way he knew how: by devouring them. At first he sampled only the wild flora and fauna he happened across. As he traversed the parched Tempest Flats, however, he came upon a tribe of nomads. Seemingly unhampered by conventional rules of physics, Kog'Maw consumed every nomad and any obstacles they put in his way, amounting to many times his own mass and volume. The most composed of his victims may have had time to wonder if this was due to the caustic enzymes which stung the ground as they dripped from his gaping mouth, although such musings were abruptly concluded. When his wake of catastrophe reached the Institute of War, and enthusiastic Malzahar greeted him with an enticing prospect: taste the best Runeterra could offer...on the Fields of Justice.
'If that's just hungry, I don't want to see angry.' --Tryndamere, the Barbarian King
- Health Lvl 1 p/Lvl Lvl 18
- Health 524 84 1,952
- Health Regen p/1 1.11 0.11 2.98
- Health Regen p/5 5.55 0.55 14.90
- Effective Health
- Physical Damage Health 3,377 3,377 3,377
- Magical Damage Health 2,538 2,538 2,538
- Effective Hit Points 2,957 2,957 2,957
- Attack Base p/Lvl Lvl 18
- Attck Speed (p/Sec) 0.665 2.650% 0.964
- Lvl 1 p/Lvl Lvl 18
- Physical Damage 49 3 100
- Critical Strike Chance (%) 0 0 0
- Critical Strike Damage (%) 200 0 2
- Armor 14 4 73
- Magic Resist 30 0 30
- Spell Pool Lvl 1 p/Lvl Lvl 18
- Mana 295 40 975
- Mana Regen p/1 1.10 0.10 2.8
- Mana Regen p/5 5.50 0.50 14
- Movement Speed 310 0 310
- Cooldown Reduction 0 0 0
- Range 500 0 500
(Passive) Icathian SurpriseUpon dying, Kog'Maw starts a chain reaction in his body which causes him to move faster and detonate after 4 seconds; dealing 100 + (25 x lvl) true damage to surrounding enemies.
(Q) Caustic Spittle
- 8 / 8 / 8 / 8 / 8 sec
- 60 / 60 / 60 / 60 / 60
Passive: Increases Attack Speed by (10 / 15 / 20 / 25 / 30)%.
Active: Kog'Maw launches a corrosive projectile which deals (60 / 110 / 160 / 210 / 260) (+(0.7 per ability power point)) magic damage and reduces the target's Armor and Magic Resist by (5 / 10 / 15 / 20 / 25) for 4 seconds.
(W) Bio-Arcane Barrage
- 17 / 17 / 17 / 17 / 17 sec
- 50 / 50 / 50 / 50 / 50
Kog'Maw's attacks gain (130 / 150 / 170 / 190 / 210) range and deal additional magic damage equal to (2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6)% (+(0.01 per ability power point))% of the target's maximum Health (Max: 100 Damage vs Monsters). Lasts (8) seconds.
(E) Void Ooze
- 12 / 12 / 12 / 12 / 12 sec
- 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120
Kog'Maw launches ooze which deals (60 / 110 / 160 / 210 / 260) (+(1 per ability power point)) magic damage to enemies it passes through.
Additionally, it leaves a trail which slows enemies by (20 / 28 / 36 / 44 / 52)% for 4 seconds.
(R) Living Artillery
- 2 / 1.5 / 1 sec
- 40 / 40 / 40
Kog'Maw fires artillery from a great distance. After a short delay, the artillery falls dealing (80 / 120 / 160) (+(0.5 per attack damage point)) (+(0.3 per ability power point)) magic damage and reveals targets for 4 seconds (deals 125% bonus damage to Champions).
Each subsequent Living Artillery in the next 6 seconds costs (40) additional mana (Max 400).
Your votes are needed to keep this information accurate. Help us by voting now!
Official Splash Art
Most used items
Most used Marks
Most used Glyphs
Most common Builds
- Fixed a bug where Void Ooze was not flagged as an area-of-effect spell
- Updated Kog'Maw's autoattack frame to be more responsive
- Updated Bio-Arcane Barrage attack frame to be more responsive
- Updated Caustic Spittle's attack frame to be more responsive
- Bio-Arcane Barrage
- Cooldown increased to 17 from 15
- Duration increased to 10 from 6
- Living Artillery drop time reduced slightly to increase consistency (Overall slightly faster)
v22.214.171.124 (11th Apr, 2011)
- Fixed a bug where Void Ooze counted as individual units and could break things like Mushrooms, block skillshots, etc
v126.96.36.199 (16th Feb, 2011)
- Fixed a display bug with Bio-Arcane Barrage attacks on several skins
v188.8.131.52 (01st Dec, 2010)
- Base movement speed reduced to 305 from 310
v184.108.40.206 (18th Oct, 2010)
- Fixed several bugs with Icathian Surprise to be more consistent
V220.127.116.11 (04th Oct, 2010)
- Bio-Arcane Barrage cooldown increased to 17 from 15 at all levels
v18.104.22.168 (21st Sep, 2010)
- Fixed a bug where Caustic Spittle was giving multiplicative attack speed rather than base
v22.214.171.124 (08th Sep, 2010)
- Living Artillery's buff on Kog'Maw now correctly states that the increased cost per stack is 40
v126.96.36.199 (24th Aug, 2010)
- Caustic Spittle has been remade and now grants:
- Passive: increases attack Speed by 10/15/20/25/30%
- Active: deals 60/110/160/210/260 damage and reduces the target's armor by 5/10/15/20/25 for 4 seconds
- Bio-Arcane Barrage cooldown reduced to 15 from 20
- Void Ooze cooldown reduced to 12 from 13
v188.8.131.52 (27th Jul, 2010)
- Base attack range increased to 500 from 450.
- Caustic Spittle range increased to 625 from 600.
- Bio Arcane Barrage bonus range reduced to 130/160/190/220/250 from 140/180/220/260/300
v184.108.40.206 - Season 1 (13th Jul, 2010)
- Fixed a bug where Zilean’s Chronoshift would not prevent Kog’Maw from dying
- Kog is a Bug (tiny guide)
- Kog'Maw - Barrage Abuse
- Just a Kog in the works
- Kog'Maw - FEED ME, SEYMOUR!
- Kog'Maw AS Gatling Gun Build
- Kog'Maw in Dominion
- Noraa's Guide to AP Carpet Bombing
- Kog'Maw Champion Reaction Guide